The South African Sugar Technologists’ Association (SASTA) was founded in 1926. It is an organization of technical workers and others who are directly interested in the technical aspects of the South African Sugar Industry.
SASTA operates under the aegis of the South African Sugar Association, but is governed under its own constitution by a Council which is elected by its members. The Office of the Association is situated on premises kindly made available to it by the South African Sugar Association at the latter’s Sugar Cane Research Institute (SASRI) at Mount Edgecombe, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
… WHAT’S NEW …
- Registration for the 2015 SASTA Congress is now open. Read more in the registration mailshot.
- To register, or find out more, visit the webpage for the 2015 SASTA Congress
- Read the November 2014 SASTA Newsletter
- The ISSCT Agricultural Engineering / Agronomy / Extension Workshop will be held at the Salt Rock Hotel from 24 to 28 August 2015
- The Proceedings of the 2013 SASTA Congress are now available
- Attendees can access the Proceedings of the 2014 SASTA Congress