SASTA provides grants (both in the field of agriculture and milling) to fund research visits by international experts. Members of SASTA who are interested to apply for this grant are welcome to submit an application form.
Grant applications have no deadlines and can be received at any time. Please ensure that the following criteria are met:
- The visitor must be willing to spend at least two weeks in South Africa while working intensively with local scientists on an approved small project.
- The project must have a distinctive outcome, such as a new set of standards, a scientific paper,etc.
- The project should generate a relatively wide interest among sugar technologists and should ideally be of a pre-competitive nature.
- To further enhance networking, local university academics and students should be attracted to the activities that will be carried out.
- The visitor may be asked to act as a keynote speaker at a coinciding SASTA workshop.
- This grant is available to SASTA and non-SASTA members.Please complete the attached form and submit it to SASTA.
The SASTA council will review any submissions and will invite successful candidates for an elicited application. The decision of the SASTA council is final and no appeals will be entertained.